Jitka Průchová

* 1938  

  • "The Krebs, well my friend emigrated there, they went to Yugoslavia on vacation and got to Germany via Yugoslavia. So they lived in Nuremberg, and it was like she did when I had such a big deal about her once. Since I was already working in the barracks, it was nothing. She sent me a Christmas card, she sent it to me in an envelope. I don't know how anyone found out, just than that... before I went to work, so I didn't get the card, of course. My husband came home from the barracks home angry and told me to go alone that he had been sitting there all morning. So I said, but in that look, it was a holy image, simply, and there was a wish for Christmas. There was really nothing there."

  • "Dad got workers at the cleaning station and they were Germans, but they were anti-fascists who simply had nothing to do with any violence or anything like that, and they were citizens of Velká Hleďsebe and were waiting to be deported. So, there was Mr. Hachmut and he had a wife and she had typhus, but they didn't have enough to get the tickets, so Dad helped them, for example, by giving them flour tickets or something."

  • "They were supposed to treat German soldiers from the hospital (in Kutná Hora), and they and the primary Primdán refused to do so. So the primary went to an unknown location and the sisters remained totally engaged, but since some of them had children, they placed them in Kutná Hora, so the mother sanded the clogs in the Schober company ´as a reward´. They were clogs made for prisoners in concentration camps."

  • Full recordings
  • 1

    Ve Třech Sekerách, 18.03.2019

    duration: 19:57
    media recorded in project The Stories of Our Neigbours
Full recordings are available only for logged users.

A mysterious story from a brickyard

Jitka Průchová in 1945
Jitka Průchová in 1945
photo: projekt Příběhy našich sousedů 2018/2019

Jitka Průchová was born on November 24, 1938 in Sedlec near Kutná Hora. During the war, her father helped Serbian guerrillas. The mother, a nurse in a hospital, had to perform forced labour at the end of the war. After the liberation, the family moved to the border, to Velká Hleďsebe near Mariánské Lázně. After primary school, she attended a secondary school in Mariánské Lázně and after the final exams she continued her studies at a medical school in Cheb. She worked as a nurse in the spa in Tepelský dům and in Nové lázně. She met her husband in Velká Hleďsebe. He was a professional soldier and throughout his life he performed military service in the barracks in Klimentov. A total of five daughters were born to them. After maternity leave, she worked for twenty-one years as a saleswoman in Armenia. She lived in Velká Hleďsebe at the time of filming the interview (2019).