Miloš Bunda

* 1938  

  • "The Gestapo came in high boots, with brigadiers with a skull on them. It was a shock for me as a child and, of course, my mother also had a hard time living through these moments, because she knew about the activity of her husband. It was such a paradox that he provided these people with credentials, as that was his competence within the notary office. He often found himself in a curious situation, tone evening he was sitting with Brunovský, who was under Dibrov commander of the partisan brigade, the next evening he had to sit with the commander of the German crew. The way his father got a certain protective hand and, of course, he was so careful that nothing was ever found during those searches."

  • "They did house searches in our home, and when he was arrested, a group of STBs sat with us for three weeks, not only during the day but also at night! I slept in a room where two STBs were sitting next to me, with light and heating on. That was the situation in which I had to prepare for my graduation. My mother slept with my sister in the other room, where the STBs were watching the door. When we went to school in the morning, they searched us, again when we came back from school. In fact, we were prisoners in our own apartment."

  • "Father, as he was aware of what was happening here during the Slovak state and later in the presence of the German occupying army, which arrived here after the period of the Uprising, he provided information to the partisans. And what was very important was his irreplaceable activity in protecting the population, which was quite suspected by the Germans as a result of partisan activity. But because he was a very good diplomat, had very good rhetoric and spoke excellent German, he was able to handle it with the German officers. "

  • Full recordings
  • 1

    Bošáca, 25.05.2019

    duration: 01:46:23
    media recorded in project Stories of the 20th century
Full recordings are available only for logged users.

Self-controls is one of the virtues of a man

Miloš Bunda was born on October 14, 1938, in Veľký Ďur. Father Vojtech Bunda (1904 - 1996) worked as a chief notary, mother Matilda (1909 - 1963) was a housewife and took care of Miloš and his two brothers and sister. After the First Vienna Arbitration, the family moved to Bošáca. Miloš’s father Vojtech Bunda joined the resistance movement, since 1939 he was a member of the resistance group “Obrana naroda”, later a member of the VELA group and for partisan groups - Stalin’s brigade and the staff of the Ján Žižek brigade battalion. In 1956, Vojtech Bunda was arrested and later sentenced to 3.5 years for conspiracy against the republic and confiscation of property. Miloš Bunda was subsequently expelled from university studies and had difficulty finding employment. During the totalitarian communist regime, the whole family was in the position of second-class citizens. He currently lives in retirement in Bošáca.