Anita Alblová

* 1936

  • “They came on Sunday afternoon before lunch, to announce we have to gather in a camp the next morning at 7 a.m. There were camps remaining after the forced labouring Czechs, French and other nations, where they put us next. Just in the morning they sent us further to Cheb with a large camp. We already made friends with many Czechs and I could interpret. My aunt went out with a certain Czech and he said: ´I will not leave you there. I will not let you get displaced. You, granny, and Anita? That´s not possible!´We agreed he comes for us and takes us back and we cross the German borders. And so it was. We had to go to the guard and made up we wanted fruits but I am afraid to go on my own. The guard was nice and let us go. And we didn’t come back. We took a taxi and off we went – back to Bublava and nearby Klingenthal.”

  • “I heard it on a radio that there was a release between the borders. Each year we went to Bohemia to see mum, who stayed there as she married Mr. Rejsek. We always had to check in at the Sokolov office and check out at the departure. There was a policeman and I still remember his name was Lexa. He always blinked at me. I told my granny that when we come to the police and Lexa will be there, I ask him what it would be like to request a return to Bohemia. He was very polite and replied: ,That is no issue on our part. You need to handle all the paperwork in Germany.‘ So one day I went to Dresden to the Czech representation office. I could speak enough German to manage on my own. And I inquired about all the paperwork, which they handed me over, a whole big file and just said: ,Fill in.‘ It was all in Czech. I asked him to sit down. The officer just looked at me. I took me about half a day and then I submitted it all. The approval procedure took six weeks and then I got a decision: Approved. So I moved out.”

  • Full recordings
  • 1

    Kraslice, domácnost pamětnice, 19.02.2016

    duration: 01:30:23
Full recordings are available only for logged users.

I always stayed in the Ore mountains, on one side or the other

Portrait photo of Anita taken in Klingenthal at the beginning of 1950s
Portrait photo of Anita taken in Klingenthal at the beginning of 1950s
photo: archiv pamětnice

Anita Alblová, née Santnerová, was born on 16 November, 1936 in Zelená Hora (Kraslice) in a German family of Franz and Anna Santner. A father left the family during war. The mother re-married after 1945 to a Czech citizen Stanislav Rejsek, so the displacement applied only to the witness and her granny. They left to the nearby Klingenthal to their uncle. Anita Alblová worked in needlework factory and staged as a singer with a band Rigoletto. She came back to Bohemia as one of the first, following the end of an unhappy marriage during a political release, where she lived with her mother. At the beginning of 1970s she married a Czech man, Vojtěch Albl, with whom she had a daughter Alexandra, who lives in Hof. The witness was fully active in Kraslice community, she is a member of the singing choir Heimatchor and attends a parish community of the priest Fořt.