Eva Laryšová, née Dobrovolná, was born on January 30, 1933 in Žďár nad Sázavou as the eldest of three children to her parents Jaromír and Růžena. The family owned a farm in the town with twenty-five hectares of fields. During the collectivization process they refused to join the Unified Agricultural Cooperative (JZD) and the authorities therefore prescribed them very high quotas for deliveries of agricultural products which the family was unable to meet and their machinery and cattle were subsequently confiscated. In 1953 her father was sentenced to three years of imprisonment in a show court trial. All his property was confiscated and his wife and three children were evicted to Dolní Hedeč, more than a hundred kilometres away, without any means of support. Several months later Eva married Antonín Laryš there, whose family had faced similar fate. They had refused to join the JZD as well and his father Vojtěch Laryš was therefore imprisoned, his two sons were sent to the Auxiliary Technical Battalions (PTP) and the rest of the family was evicted from Holešovice in the Opava region. The family then grew potatoes in their small plot of land. Their harvests were quite good, but the authorities then accused them of having stolen the potatoes from the state-owned farm. Based on claims of local officials, in 1957 the court sent Eva’s father to prison for two years and her husband to about a year and a half. After their release both father and husband returned to work at the state farm, where they were daily seeing the people who had falsely testified against them at court. On the New Year’s Eve 1960, Eva’s husband tragically died in a motorcycle accident. Eva then moved with their children into an apartment in Králíky and from 1964 until her retirement she worked in the local factory Tesla. Even after the fall of the communist regime the family did not see the restoration of their property. Their large house on the town square in Žďár nad Sázavou was torn down in 1968 and a new residential quarter named Stalingrad was built in 1950-1960 in the place of their fields.