All researchers pledge:
- to use their real name in the Research Room,
- to use the materials obtained in the Research Room solely for their personal education, or to carry out an educational or other non-profit activity, while always respecting the copyright related to the respective projects,
- to abide by the stipulations of Act 101/2000 Coll., the Personal Data Protection Act,
- to refrain from misusing the Research Room to propagate political, ideological or other goals, especially to refrain from promoting ideas and movements that lead to the suppression of rights and freedoms of others (§ 404 of Act 40/2009 Coll., the Criminal Code, as amended),
- to honour and respect the dignity of the witness, even in cases when they are mistaken in their storytelling. It is not easy for witnesses to recall events from the past, which can often be traumatizing, and this applies both to witnesses who were victims of totalitarian repression and to those who participated in such repression. Every witness who decides to bequeath their testimony (however controversial) to future generations deserves some respect,
- to abide by the instructions given by the administrators of the Research Room and to comply with their technical recommendations.